Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Shenanagins

Happy Monday, friends!  This was the second weekend in a row that we didn't have to go out of town, and I must say, a girl could get use to this.  It's nice not to have to hit the road out of town after an eight hour work day on Friday, just to dread the return on Sunday.

Friday night we met up with our friends, Dean and Jess, at a local barbeque shack for a yummy feast of pulled pork, hash, chicken, and all the fixings!  After we were induced into a food coma, we decided to catch a movie.  The four of us agreed on That's My Boy that actually premiered on Friday.  Adam Sandler was hysterically funny and I laughed the entire time....until the end that is.  If you  haven't seen this movie, I must warn you that the end takes a turn that no one expects and it's sickening.  For those of you who have seen you, you know what I'm talking about.  Not sure I will be seeing this one for a second time.


Saturday we met a few of my family members downtown for a nice stroll around the city before having dinner at Poogan's  Porch.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous for site seeing downtown and we enjoyed every minute of it!  Friends, if you have never  been to Poogan's Porch you are missing out!  It is a quaint Charlestonian home made restaurant that is tucked away on Queen Street.  Saturday was my first experience, and it is one of the best meals I have had in Charleston.  The atmosphere was perfect and the food was exceptional.  We will definitely be going back...and soon.



That evening we ventured back home to watch the South Carolina Gamecocks defeat the No. 1 team in the country to advance in the College World Series.  We dominated the Florida Gators 7-2.  GO GAMECOCKS!


Sunday was a nice relaxing day spent watching How I Met Your Mother re-runs and a few movies.

How did you spend your weekend?

4 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

OK so you gotta tell me what happened at the end... I wasn't going to see it anyway, but you really got me interested!

Sarah said...

Looks like a great, relaxing weekend! We are in town the next 2 weekends in a row and I could not be happier about it!

Faith said...

I want to see it so badly! I'm excited although now I'm wondering about how it ends.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Kristin said...

staying home makes the weekend feel longer too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...