Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black Friday, Hit or Bust?


This past Friday was my first experience with midnight shopping over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I have always gone Black Friday shopping but during the actual day, not during the night!  Let's just say that it will probably be my last.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to shop, and until I drop most times.  I may eat my words once I have kids, but I was not a fan of the midnight shopping on Black Friday.

My Reasoning for Going
I didn't really have a plan of something in particular to purchase during our midnight madness shopping spree. That may have been my problem.  The main reason I went with my mother, sister, and aunt was to help my mom with the toys she had to purchase for one of our church's children's group.  Some of the sales on toys were unbelievable and too good to pass up!

What I Did Purchase
-2 sets of tupperware from Wal-Mart for $6.88 a piece
-2 Christmas candles for $4 at Wal-Mart
-12 feet of pre-lit garland for $19.99 from Bed, Bath, and Beyond + 20% off


Best Deal of the Day?
My sister and mom decided to go to Rack Room Shoes while my aunt and I headed to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  The first 50 people who made purchases at Rack Room were given a box.  The box could contain a certificate for a free year of shoes, a chance to have a 2 minute shopping spree, a percentage off your next purchase, or nothing at all.  My sister won a 2 minute shopping spree!  She gets to mail in the form and schedule a time to go to the local store and collect as many pairs of shoes in 2 minutes she can to win them all!  We will be practicing soon.

Hit or Bust?
For me, I found that electronics were a big hit as well as toys. In the future, (if I decide to go again) I will plan a little better, have a reason for going, and most definitely take a nap. I was a little too cranky for shopping! I could have gone without the items that I purchased, but I figured if I was already there I might as well take advantage of the deal.

Did you go Black Friday shopping at midnight?  What are your thoughts on the experience?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...