Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

{Today I am thankful for this blog.  I like having a place to chronicle my life, share recipes and fun DIY projects, and have faithful followers.  Although I haven't been a blogger for a long period of time, I am grateful for the opportunity to share, as well as learn from others!}


Please forgive me, I think I am still in a turkey coma!  I had entirely too much good food this past week/end and I am having trouble staying awake at my cube :).  It felt nice to relax, enjoy friends and family, and eat until I couldn't eat anymore.  Like I shared before the holiday, my husband and I were able to stuff our faces enjoy two Thanksgiving meals; one with my family and one with his.  I can honestly say that we didn't bring ANY leftover turkey home with us because we had enough last week!

Our first stop of the day was to my aunt's house with the Shealy family.  We devoured ham, turkey, dressing, potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, brown rice, vegetable casserole, and many desserts without even blinking an eye!  My aunt and uncle live on a HUGE portion of land out in the middle of no where.  It is very peaceful and relaxing.  Every year, we try and remember to take a few pictures outside with the family in the beautiful scenery.  Here are a few from this year:
{My sweet little cousin Avery and I}
{Shealy grandchildren (l to r): Me, Thomas, Ashley, Tanner, Brittany, Tyler, and Candice}
{Hubby and I}
{My sister and I}
After lunch, we made our way to Bradley's parents house for another fun-filled feast.  I do not have any pictures from this meal, but it was delicious too!  There was ham, turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, marinated vegetable salad, and even more desserts!  I am going to need to work out DOUBLE this week in order to shred those extra calories and pounds I loaded on.

My contribution to both meals was a fresh pecan pie.  My mother has been picking up pecans after they fall from the tree and taking them to my grandmother to pick out.  More to come on that fabulous recipe!

Coming up this week:

  • Black Friday Shopping Experience
  • Pecan Pie Recipe
  • Christmas Decorations

Happy Monday!  I hope it wasn't too hard for you to return to work today after the long weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love how all of you girls have on brown boots in the grandkids pic! Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving :)

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Fabulous family photo of you all! Your little Avery is previous :) Great people to be thankful for.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and especially for following. I really appreciate you support.
Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...