Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Love Affair


I thought I would change up "What I'm Loving Wednesdays" by starting a series with themes!  Today, I will share with you my love affair with my favorite beauty products.  Most all women have great loves in their lives, and if they are lucky, they get to stick around for awhile :).

{a} Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser 
 
Without a doubt, this is the best face wash I have EVER used.  I use it every night to relieve my skin of the day-long make up, oil, and dirt.  It leaves my face feeling cleansed and fresh before applying a night cream for a great night's sleep.  The wash doesn't have all the extra parabens, sulfates, and synthetic dyes like most products do.  It is a little pricey, but so worth it!


{b} RoC RETINOL CORRECTION Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer
 I have to admit that before this year, I had never used a deep wrinkle cream.  When visiting my cousin and life-long bestie in Boston over Memorial Day weekend, I questioned why she had a ton of wrinkle creams stashed in her medicine cabinet in the bathroom.  She told me that you are never too young to start using anti-wrinkle creams, because if and when the wrinkles and lines do come, they are hard to reverse.  Needless to say, as soon as I landed back in Charleston I was searching for a great deal on RoC products.  I chose 3 different ones to purchase- one daily moisturizer and two night creams.  This one is by far my favorite.  I apply it everyday under my makeup for a great base SPF and moisturizer.


{c} bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation
I started using bareMinerals make up about 2 years ago.  My sister purchased the starter pack, and about a week later decided that her skin was too sensitive for the product (she has VERY sensitive skin).  I happily accepted her week old starter pack, and so began the love affair.  I cannot say enough how much I love this makeup.  It gives me a seamless and flawless coverage without "caking".  With previous liquid foundations, I hated using my fingers or sponges to literally smear the makeup on my face.  With the powder and a brush, it is so easy to just apply and go!  It lasts all day, and still allows my face to breath, even on those nights that I am too lazy to wash my face before bed.


{d} bareMinerals Big & Bright Eyeliner
Again, I can't say enough about the bareMinerals line of products.  I was introduced to this eyeliner by my cousin and life-long bestie too.  After the purchase of an expresso brown everyday eyeliner, she actually got me the mini multi trio pack for Christmas that same year.  It includes colors like black diamond, black gold, and midnight moon that are fun to use on special occasions.  This eyeliner doesn't smudge, stays on all day, and defines my eyes without going overboard.  I love that it goes on so smooth and doesn't require me to almost puncture my eye just to get a nice solid line!     


{e} Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
I stumbled across this awesome product just a few months ago.  The nice consultant at Sephora was generous and gave me a sample of the Smashbox Full Exposure mascara.  I will definitely be purchasing a tube when I run out of my sample.  With the risk of sounding cliché, it really stretches your lashes to their limit and separates to give that full lash exposure.  I'm glad my eye lashes aren't bashful :).

{This list isn't a full disclosure on all of the beauty products I use, but just a few of my favorites.  These are the ones that I am never hesitant to re-purchase when I run out.  They are my go-to products that never let me down.  I purchase the majority of my beauty merchandise from Ulta and Sephora.  Occasionally I will scour eBay or Amazon for great deals on unused and unopened RoC creams.}  

Do you have any favorite beauty product secrets to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...