Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What I'm Lovin' Randoms

 Please excuse the quite random post today :)

 Today is National Alzheimer's Awareness Day.  My maternal and paternal grandfathers both suffered with this ugly disease before their deaths many years ago.  I'm loving that without even realizing it, I wore a purple cardigan today.  Purple symbolizes the awareness and shows your support for finding a cure.  Coincidence, hmmm?!
 
Yesterday was a day of remembrance of one of the greatest Gamecocks of all time, Kenny McKinley.  We celebrate the life of an awesome athlete and fellow South Carolinian.  McKinley held the school record for receptions and touchdowns, and was third all time in the SEC in receptions! I love that his legend continues.

I love that it is finally chilly enough to fix a good pot of soup.  Last night, I broke down and make one of my favorite soup recipes- White Chicken Chili.  Mandi Forrester won a Rachel Ray contest, and now has a featured recipe.  My old roomie, Diana, introduced me to this recipe and I LOVE IT!

Wanna know what I'm lovin' most?!  Monday, the hubby and I celebrated 6 months of marriage!  I know, I know.  It's only 6 months, but it's exciting to know how fast time really does fly when you're having fun.  These have been the best 6 months of my life :).  I can't wait for many, many more!

 Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

I love White Chicken Chili (and can't wait to try out this recipe!)! Also, congrats on your 6 months! That is super exciting! I loved my parents 35th wedding anniversary today on my blog and it's so great to see couples of all ages celebrating their life together! :)

Happy Wednesday! XOXO, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...