Monday, September 26, 2011

...Monday has gotten the best of me!

{pinterest}

It's been a rough start to this week, but it's alright because I had a great weekend!  One of my sorority sisters is getting married in a few weeks, and the whole crew came to Charleston for her bachelorette party!  We haven't all hung out like that together since the ole' college days.  It was nice to catch up with my ladies, reminiscing of the good times we had and making new memories together.

In lieu of the to-do list I have on my desk at work, I will spare you complete details but give you a full picture recap :).
{the AWESOME cake}

{l to r: Kristen, Mary, Audrey, Carly, Lauren, Ashley, Morgan}

{back row- Lacey, Amanda, Kendal (the bachelorette) front row- Amy, Hannah, Lindsay, Brittany}

{random bar on Folly}

{Night 2: Me and the Bachelorette}

{Lauren, me, and Carly}

{Me and Hannah Banana :) }

{taxi ride- morgan, me, ashley}

{jennifer, lauren, and audrey}

{hannah, mary, and kristen}

{group pic at Fish}

{random fun outside Midtown}

{really...who wears this to the bar?}

{WINNING!}
What I don't have pictures of is the FABULOUS food I had this weekend.  Friday night, Carly and I went to dinner at Cork Bistro in Park Circle before we headed out to Folly to see the girls.  She stayed with me this weekend and we needed to sneak in some time to catch up!  O.M.G.  The food was fabulous, and our cute little table outdoors with romantic lighting helped too :).  We shared a 3 course meal, and I will have to say that this is one of the best meals I have had in Charleston.  Here is a break down of our meal:
  • Caesar Salad Romaine, fresh parmesan & focaccia croutons
  • Tomato & Fried Mozzarella Caprese topped with a roasted tomato and basil vinaigrette
  • Chipotle Strawberry Glazed Salmon Herb Roasted potatoes, wilted baby spinach, goat cheese, caramelized onion with warm bacon balsalmic
Heaven in my mouth...for real!  The caprese was like nothing I had ever tasted before with the fried mozzarella and vinaigrette.  And the salmon was cooked to perfection!

Saturday morning I got up at the crack of dawn prepared a breakfast casserole for all the lovely ladies and Carly and I trucked it down to Folly for the day.  Click here for the fabulous recipe I used.  I served with biscuits, apple juice, and orange juice.  It was a big hit :).

Saturday night, the whole gang went to Fish on King Street for dinner.  This was another amazing dinner to brag about!  Most everyone decided on the tappas-like appetizers so we wouldn't get full and bloated before a night on the town.  I chose to start with an amazing chopped salad, and then a "dim sum" plate of crab wonton, thai shrimp eggroll, crispy chicken, and duck confit steamed bun.  The French-Asian fusion cuisine was a nice treat!

Now, I'm off to finish this Monday afternoon at work in hopes that it will fly by.  There may be a baseball game in my future this evening to watch a certain cute guy coach :).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...