Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Update!

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!  Mine is flying by, and I hope it continues that way.

This past weekend, Bradley and I headed to Greenwood, SC for his 10 year high school reunion!  He had so much fun catching up with those he hasn't seen in years, and I enjoyed meeting all of them.  Of course not everyone showed up, but there was a decent turn out.
{Saturday Night at T.W. Boon's- Emerald High School Class of 2001}

{The "old" man and myself}

{Bradley and Joel- they played baseball together in high school and now Joel will be coaching our nephew, Welsey at Greenwood High this year}

{Yummy cake}
On Sunday, we made several family stops in town to see everyone.  The most special one was our visit with my grandmother.  She seems to be adjusting well to her new "home" and we enjoyed seeing her!
{My sister, Nanny, and I}

{Bradley, Nanny, and I}

{She sure does love her "boyfriend"!}

{My uncle, Nanny, and my mom}
After our visit, we enjoyed an awesome home cooked meal with Bradley's parents, and then started our 3 hour journey back to Charleston.

What's on my agenda for this week? 
  • Cleaning the house
  • Washing clothes
  • Going to see The Help
  • Completing all of the above AND possibly MORE before our visit from Irene
Since I have been in Charleston, we have not had any severe threats....until now.  I am getting schooled on everything I should to and have to be prepared from those at work who have experienced a hurricane.  Needless to say, I am not looking forward to my grocery store trip this evening.  I would much rather pack my bags and head to the Upstate!

Any tips you think I should know?  Feel free to send them on over!

1 comment:

Carly Messmer said...

I'm really hoping we don't have to evacuate this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...