Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random Thoughts for Thursday

How cute is Bradley's great nephew, Eli?  He got his face painted at the Riverdogs game last night and he purchased a balloon sword, in which he proceeded to torment his uncle :).

 

I have been really slack on my weekly thirty minute runs.  I only had the chance felt like running once this week, but it was outside in the humidity.  My co-worker Rachel and I toughed the heat yesterday after Barre and completed a short 2 mile run.  I feel like I should receive extra brownie points for that one.

Speaking of humidity, Bradley is a cable TV contractor and works outside all day everyday.  I do not know how him, his brother, his dad, and their summer worker do it.  I give props to all those who work outside in this heat, especially in the South.  It's hard not to laugh because I know they are suffering, but my hubby sent me this picture today of their 17 year old summer worker trying to stay cool:


After a few days of self-diagnosis, I think I am dehydrated.  I have been on this kick to only drink water.  Apparently that's a bad thing.  Ooops.  In addition to being lethargic, I have had cotton mouth and just can't seem to get enough nutrition.  So, my kind and loving husband purchased a few Powerade Zero's for me, which have the least calorie, sugar, and sodium content of all sports drinks.  Grape is my favorite so far.  Maybe the electrolytes will give my body the extra umph it needs to keep kicking!

I have several special events in the near future that I feel need a new wardrobe addition.  My husband would disagree, but I think his 10 year high school reunion in August is a great reason to buy a new dress!  I have been on the lookout lately for the perfect dress to knock the socks off his high school girlfriend, but stay classy at the same time!  Any and all suggestions are welcome :).

 I am completely and utterly stuffed from our departmental potluck lunch.  We had Home Team BBQ's pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, watermelon, chips and dip, chocolate covered peanuts, and cookies.  YUMMMM....

All I can think about is going home, putting my PJ's on, and laying on the couch watching TV.  Can you tell I am in a food coma?

Sorry for the random post.  I promise to be more fulfilling tomorrow!  Happy Friday Eve!


1 comment:

. said...

I'll take any excuse for new wardrobe pieces! And good for you for running at all! I'm not near motivated enough to get out in the heat, I stick with working at the gym in the air conditioning (:

Come by and my Hello Mellow giveaway if you like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...