Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

So if I'm going to be a blogger, I might as well follow "blog protocol" and write about what I love on Wednesday's!


I'm Loving...

1.  ...this simple, delicious dinner I made last night.  Hubby was starving when he walked in the door at 5:15 PM, so I knew I needed a quick fix to satisfy his hunger.  It was my own concoction so I was pretty pleased with the results!

Italian Turkey Sausage Pasta

Ingredients:
1 lb. Italian turkey sausage
Whole wheat pasta
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
Diced asparagus
1/2 can of drained corn
Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese for garnish
Basil for looks :)

Slice the turkey sausage links and place them in a skillet to brown.
Drain and put back in skillet.
Slowly add jar of pasta sauce and bring to a slight boil.
Add the diced asparagus and drained corned (I cut the asparagus stalks into thirds).
Let simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve over cooked pasta and add parmesan cheese and basil after plated. Voilà:


I think the best part of this meal was enjoying it while sitting at our new dining room table! :)

2.  ....that the South Carolina Gamecocks are now Back to Back College World Series Champions!  We beat the Florida Gators in the 2nd game last night for the best of 3 series.  We also set a few new records in College Baseball:



It's a great day to be a GAMECOCK :) 

3.  ....that it is "Hump Day" which means we are half way through the week and on to a 3 day weekend!  Bradley and I will be heading to McCormick for holiday weekend to catch up on some much needed family time.


What are your plans for the 4th of July?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...