Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our House: The Dining Room

I am like a kid in a candy store as I write this post!  I cannot be more excited to share with you what came on the delivery truck about 2:45 PM this afternoon.  I have been waiting 6 loooong months to find the perfect dining room set...and for my husband to agree to purchase.  We have been using his father's 1960's era light faux wood wicker table that has a glass top complete with 4 pink cushioned chairs on wheels.  (AKA...hideous!)  Needless to say, I was ecstatic when Bradley finally moved it outside on our screened in porch this morning to make way for the new delivery!

This was my dining room at 9 AM this morning. (Please excuse the decor in the corner.  I told you I have anticipated this day for awhile now!)


And after the delivery this afternoon:






Yes, I know...I went a little overboard with the pictures, but I AM SOOO EXCITED to finally have nice furniture in the dining room.  Not pictured is a leaf that can be inserted in the table, hence the 2 extra chairs in each corner.  I love the clean lines of this style from Ashley Furniture, and can't wait to share many dinners with friends and family!

Now, for the decorating.  I have bought a few items for the room, but am still unsure exactly what I would like to do to transform this dining room.  I know that I would like floor to ceiling red curtains for the two windows on the front side of our home.  My aunt has agreed to make them for me whenever I find the time to choose a fabric and pattern.  I think this addition will have such a dramatic effect on the room!

I purchased a mirror to hang over the server from Marshall's, but after seeing it together, I have determined that the mirror is too small.  I am going to return it at some point, and hopefully find a new one that fits the piece better.  I also picked up a few other items such as candle sticks and picture frames that I want to play with after I get the mirror in place.

My other dilemma...which wall to hang these two items:

My Bridal Portrait Canvas
A clock I found at Marshall's

There are two walls in the dining room that either of these will look good on:


I think the clock will look best on this wall...

...and my portrait on this wall.
I would also like to purchase a small foyer table for the bottom picture wall, but am afraid it will be too much for the room.

What do you think?  Any ideas??  All are appreciated :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...