Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Home

Welcome to our house!  In February, Bradley and I moved into our first home together.  We are currently renting this beauty:

This 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath is the perfect size for the two of us, and we think it is a great start to our lives as a married couple! It has a cute little front porch, as well as a screened-in back porch and a "semi" backyard.  I call it this because it isn't fenced in, and sometimes people have to walk through ours to get to theirs if not using their back door (aka pulling their trash cans around weekly).  Since this picture was taken, I have added a cute spring flag on the left side of the steps in front of the shrubbery.


We also have a fresh little garden growing in the back yard.  My family has always planted tomatoes and various other vegetables in the summer, so I decided to try out my green thumb.  Luckily, so far it has been a success.   Here is a picture of my potted plants in the "semi" back yard taken a few weeks after they were planted in April:


The two outer plants are tomato: one beefy boy and the other chocolate cherry.  In the middle is my squash plant.  They have grown TREMENDOUSLY since this picture, and produced quite a bit.  My mother-in-law has also added to my collection and given me a basil plant.  I LOVE having fresh veggies during the summer that I can say came from my back yard :).


We both brought outrageously different furniture into the new townhouse, and it has been quite the challenge to find a place for each piece, as well as find a common ground on decor.  Each day I plan to share a different room in the house with you.  I would love your feedback, as I am not an expert on decorating by any means, and need some new ideas :).

Stay tuned tomorrow for our dining room.  We are FINALLY receiving our shipment of new furniture, and I can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...