Thursday, March 22, 2012

Our Big Day: The Ceremony

Our ceremony, to date, has the best hour of my life.  Although we had a large wedding with over 350 guests in attendance, Bradley and I really wanted an intimate and personal service.  The ceremony was held at the church I grew up in, was baptized in, and dreamed of walking down the aisle for many years.  My very first daycare sitter sang, one of my husband's childhood best friend's mom played the piano, and his very best childhood friend's father joined us in holy matrimony.  Every person that played a part in this ceremony was near and dear to our hearts. Even my two aunts were the directors!  We truly felt surrounded by love and support.  Here are a few details of our ceremony:

  • Seating of the Mothers & Grandmothers- "Ave Maria" Gounod & Bach
  • Wedding Party Processional- "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" Bach
  • Bridal Processional- "Cannon in D" Pachelbel
  • Solo- "When You Say Nothing At All" Overstreet & Schlitz
  • Recessional- "Trumpet Voluntary" Purcell

Now for a little picture recap of the best hour of my life:


Inside of the church- we went for very clean and simple decor.



We lit a candle for every family member or friend that was watching the ceremony from Heaven.

Programs

My cute little attendants.



Our guest signed a book filled with engagement pictures we had made.

Walking down the aisle.

 My mom giving me away.
Exchanging vows.
Mrs. Cathy singing & Mrs. Patti playing the piano.



 The BIG Kiss!

"I now pronounce you man and wife!"

Signing our life away :)

 Our officiant, Mr. Shiflet

























I remember my married girlfriends telling me that they didn't remember much about their wedding day because they were too stressed and couldn't seem to focus on one of the most important days in their lives. They said that the whole process was pretty much a blur. I vowed to myself that I would not let it get to me, and I would enjoy and savor each and every minute of that day. And I did. It's so hard to believe that an entire year has passed since we said our "I Do's"! If I could do it again, I would do it all the same!

I am participating in The Ultimate Wedding Week Link-Up Party.  Submit yours here!

7 comments:

megan said...

You look so calm and happy! I'm definitely going to be happy on our wedding day but calm I'm not so sure about..

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love your clean and simple decor...it looked amazing!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

So beautiful! You look stunning! I'm a new follower! :)

Unknown said...

Love your dress!

Mrs. Eckelmann said...

You are so beautiful--absolutely beaming with love! I'm so happy to have found your blog!

Emily said...

i love the simple and clean look...the church is pretty enough! you looked fantastic!

i remember people telling me that the day would be a blur too, so i tried to take moments throughout the day where i just looked around at everything and took it all in!

new follower...love your blog!

Amanda said...

i LOVE that your mama gave you away :) how precious!
gorgeous dress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...