Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweet Tooth Love Affair

I am not ashamed to admit that sometimes I have another love....chocolate.  There are times that I am sitting at my desk and all I can think about is the sweet, dark, smooth piece of candy in the drawer beside me.  The more I try and resist, the more I want it!  And you can never have just one piece.  I try to uphold some since of dignity with the amount, but sometimes the chocolate gets the best of me.  In honor of Valentine's Day next week, and the thousands of pounds of chocolate that will be distributed, I thought it would be fun to share the benefits of dark chocolate and how it loves our bodies too.

Dark chocolate is good for the heart and protects it from disease.
No one wants a broken heart on Valentine's Day, so eat up!  
The antioxidants in dark chocolate prevent and repair damage caused by free radicals.

Chocolate actually helps lower blood pressure.
Chocolate has been shown to decrease blood pressure in individuals who have high blood pressure.
It is also known to decrease LDL cholesterol by up to 10%!

This sweet treat is also makes us feel better.
It stimulates endorphine production which makes us happy.  
It also contains serotonin, which works as a natural anti-depressant.

Simple Tips
Choose pure, dark chocolate (at least 65% cocoa)
Limit fillings such as caramel or creams
Eat in moderation (1 ounce per day)
Take time to really enjoy the taste and feel

Now you can enjoy your favorite treat without the guilt!

{All information was obtained from Self Magazine.}

4 comments:

Denise said...

And that's why chocolate is addicting :)

winetastegirl.com said...

I love dark chocolate and I'm with you... I choose to the see the health benefits not the calories! Love your blog and I'd love for you to check out must have Valentine's items on my blog today.
www.winetastegirl.com

his little lady said...

so what i'm getting from this post is, it's okay to have a love affair with chocolate.
xo TJ

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Anything is moderation is okay in my book--and it's okay to splurge beyond moderation every now and then! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...