Monday, December 12, 2011

{Season of Giving}

Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?  I had two college friends come into town to stay the weekend for a wedding they were attending, and I had lunch on Sunday with a college friend that I have not seen in 4 years!  It's amazing how you can just pick up right where you left off.


Christmas- my favorite holiday of the year.  I love going home, plugging in my tree, and lighting an evergreen scent candle.  The glow of the white lights and the smell of Christmas always puts me in a fantastic mood!  This time of year also brings the season of giving and receiving.  Without a doubt, my favorite is giving.  Don't get me wrong, everyone loves to receive, but I really like taking the time to give a special gift to those extraordinary people in my life, including those who may be less fortunate.

My company chooses to donate their time and monetary efforts to Toys for Tots.  Every year each department raises funds to purchase toys for local families in need.  This Thursday, the Marines along with one of the local news anchors will be in our atrium to collect the thousands of toys.  They load the toys into a semi and then take them to a special location for some parents to come and do their FREE Christmas shopping for their children.

Our department raised a good bit of money with our new fundraiser, Flamingo Flocking.  We went shopping last week with our funds and found lots of toys for boys and girls!    What a great way to spread Christmas cheer!  I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the homes of all the boys and girls who will be receiving the gifts we chose.  What warmth it brings my heart to see a child on Christmas morning smile and be so excited.
This year, if you can, take the challenge to try and donate some time or money to a charity that helps others. This time of year can be especially hard on some, and with a little help we can all make it special for everyone.

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." - Buddy the Elf

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...