Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our House: Living Room Wall

With Christmas and the end of the year quickly approaching, I have been trying to cross all of the to-do's off my list.  This long list includes projects around the house that I still haven't gotten around to.  Since I have a few friends coming into town this weekend, I thought it was time to finally get something up on those bare living room walls.  I have been collected frames and objects to make a collage on the wall, and finally found my last piece this past weekend.  I have been looking for a mirror and I found the perfect fit at Marshall's.  It's been awhile since I gave you an insight into our home, so here are a few pictures of the project I completed last night!

I started by tracing the outline of the shapes of the frames and objects I wanted to put on the wall and marking where the nail holes should be.  Then, I tacked them to the wall to get them perfect.  I found this idea on another blog and thought it was very clever!
 
After I got them just so, I put nails in the corresponding places and then pulled the pieces of paper off.  I hung the picture frames, mirror, and other decorative items, and now I have a beautiful collage.  Ta-da:




Sorry I haven't been able to post much this week.  Work has been consuming a good bit of my time!  No complaints here though!  Happy Thursday, we're almost to the weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...