Friday, November 4, 2011

Can't Rain on My Parade

{I am thankful for my health and well-being.  I am blessed beyond belief to have the ability to participate in the Rock and Roll Half Marathon tomorrow.  God has given me the talent and stamina to train for this big event, and I am thrilled to have the ability to cross this off my life "bucket list".}


What's that you say?  Rain. On my parade.  I don't think so.  The weather may be dreary.  My legs may be worn out.  My shins may be tight.  But this little train is still trucking and will cross that finish line tomorrow morning.  I will officially join the club.  The nerves are definitely starting to kick for this first time half-marathoner.  I'm anxious.  I'm nervous.  Most of all, I'm excited! 

Will I be able to run the entire time?  Will my knees give out before my body is ready to quit?  Will I get a cramp in my side?  Hopefully I won't need to stop at the port-a-potty.  Is this thing really sold out?  How crowded will Savannah be?   Can you tell my mind has been in constant "race" mode? :)

Please pray for my safety, my health, and my ability to cross the finish line and not pass out!  For all of my Facebook friends, I have the Nike + GPS app on my iPhone and it will update to my Facebook wall.  If you comment or "like" my run, it will let me know as I am running and give me a little boost!  Oh the joys of technology!

Happy Weekend Friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...