Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Fun Update

It's been a few days since my last post.  I apologize!  Work has been CRAZY and my nice, relaxing weekend got in the way :).

Thursday:  So, I did go to Francesca's Collections and found a few treats:
{I got this one for an upcoming November wedding!}

{This one, but in purple...not showing that color on the website for some reason?!}
Sadly, the third dress I found is not online :(.  But, it's navy blue with dark tan spots and an exposed zipper in the back! Super cute.  I also found a gold necklace and earrings to go with the purple dress shown above.

After splurging, I met a few friends at our new P.F. Chang's in Mt. Pleasant for a surprise birthday dinner!  Jess turned 25 last week, and we all met up to celebrate her special day.
{Typical PF Chang's picture with the horse...Happy 25th Jess!}
Friday: Insert crazy day!  First, I woke up at 5:30 AM, and my Barre friend Rachel and I ran 7 miles around Daniel Island before work.  She is also running the half marathon in Savannah.  By far the most enjoyable run I have had yet in my training.  The weather was perfect and the route we chose was amazing.  We even got to watch the sun rise over the water.  Who could not love that kind of run?

Friday also started the Southern Ground Music & Food Festival at the Blackbaud Battery Stadium less than 100 feet from our office.  I thought the sound check on Thursday was loud, but by 1 PM on Friday our office was jammin' like we were in the stadium!  Fortunately, my boss is awesome and he allowed us to leave at 3:30 PM to avoid any traffic we may run into on our way home.  I took advantage of this opportunity and took a nice long nap!

Saturday: My friend Maureen and I decided to go on another little shopping frenzy!  But not before I went back to Francesca's.  You see, Friday when I got home I checked my personal g-mail account.  Lo-and-behold there was an e-mail from this beloved store where I had just dropped some cash.  Wanna know what it said?
Yea, I immediately got a sick feeling in my stomach.  I am not one who splurges a lot on myself.  I do purchase many things, but within reason.  So, I marched my happy butt back into the store, explained my nightmare and the manager was nice enough to let me return two dresses and "re-purchase" them so I could have the discount.  It saved me $25, and you may think that's not a lot, but I felt a million times better walking out of that store....just to turn around and go into Bath and Body Works to buy $20 worth of hand soap :).

Saturday evening hubby took me to a local pizza place for dinner, and I splurged again.  This time on my diet.  I ate an entire 10 in. pizza by myself!  I really don't know how I accomplished it, but I did!  Here lies proof:
:)
Sunday:  On the way to church, we made a pit stop to pick up a few items from hubby's work location.  I was curious as to the tarp and hand-sized shovel he picked up, but he told me I had to wait until the afternoon to find out.  After church, he surprised me and took me to pick out a pumpkin to carve.  I was ecstatic!  He is not big into things like this, so I was shocked when he mentioned the idea.  We went home and had lunch, then started on our first Halloween project as husband and wife!

First, he cut a hole in the top.

 Then, gutted the inside.

And I went to work using the stencil I free-handed.

Carving away.

Needless to say, my stencil didn't work out as planned.

But, I'm still happy with the results.

With all the rest, relaxation and fall fun, I had a great weekend!  How was yours?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i havent carved a pumpkin in so long :) this looks like so much fun girl! great pics! so glad i came across your blog! if you're interested I'm giving away a Starbucks Gift Card on my blog :) come check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...