Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recent Recipe Successes

I can't believe that I forgot waited so long to post about the AMAZING fresh fish I prepared a few weeks ago.  Bradley's good friend Rodney is in the National Guard.  Mid August, he went on a business trip to Alaska.  After a week full of business, he decided to stay an extra week on vacation.  While he was there, he did a little fishing.  Look what he brought me back:


Yup...that's a FRESH piece of Alaskan salmon my friends.  Straight from Alaska, and packaged to bring to SC!  Of course, my husband isn't a huge fan of fish, so I invited my friend Maureen over for a girl's night!

First, we washed the salmon, pulled out the small bones, and cut it into 4 smaller pieces.  Then, drizzled the fish with fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and topped it with a little dill seasoning.  After warming a skillet to medium low, we placed the salmon in the warm pan, covered, and sauteed for about 15 minutes.



Maureen, being the fish expert she is, knew promptly when the salmon was cooked to perfection! It will be more firm and not squishy. Serve with a side of fresh veggies and a glass of white wine and you have yourself a meal!

I have had a 3 pound pork tenderloin in the freezer for quite some time and decided it was time to thaw and cook it.  Since we have had a little cooler weather this week, I searched online for crock pot recipes!  This one was my favorite, and I already had all of the necessities to make it.

Ingredients

Appx. 2 lbs. pork loin chunks (estimated 26 oz. cooked in recipe)
3 large carrots, cut into chunks
3 large celery stalks, cut into chunks
1 large onion, chopped
4 medium sized yukon gold or red potatoes (I used red)
2 cups french style frozen green beans
1 can corn
1 cup chicken broth
1 packet dry onion soup mix

Directions

Put pork loin chunks in crockpot. Pour 1 cup chicken broth and packet of onion soup mix over pork. Dissolve any remaining dry soup mix into liquid. Add any other desired seasonings (cayenne, pepper, etc.). Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Cut carrots, celery, potatoes and onion. Add to crockpot, along with can of drained corn, and cook on high an additional 2 hours. Add frozen green beans and cook another hour on high.

I actually simmered the tenderloin and all the veggies on low for 6 hours and then the crock pot automatically turned to the "keep warm" setting until I got home.  Yup, I have one of those fancy smancy crock pots that tells time! {Great wedding gift BTW}The loin was fork tender and had an excellent taste! There were tons left over, and I'm chowing down on some now during my lunch break :).

Do you have any favorite fall recipes?  Please share! I love trying new ones out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...