Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Week....

...drum roll please.........until the Season 8 Premiere of GREY'S ANATOMY!

Grey's is my all time FAVORITE TV show. I have been watching since the very first season, and I just can't get enough!  All the real life drama makes me feel like it is real :).  I mean, Meredith, Derek, Christina, Alex and the gang are like my best friends during the season!  In college, my girlfriends and I would have dinner dates on Thursday nights to watch Grey's.  We would take turns hosting the dinner before piling on the couch with a glass of wine.

There has been an ugly rumor circling that this will be the last season, as Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo's contracts are up.  This would seriously make me sad!  Over the years, cast have come and gone and the show remained, but I don't think Grey's would be itself without "Derek" and "Meredith".

So, what am I going to do to prepare for this glorious event you might ask?  Well, I'm going to start by watching last season's finale.  This will help me remember all the small details (since it has been a decade).  Then, I am going to find the perfect dinner to prepare for me, myself and I to curl up on my couch for the 2 hour season premiere (Hubby will have a baseball game....perfect timing)!  Yup...I haven't found any Grey's groupies like myself since I have been in Charleston, but I must carry on the tradition.  Finally, I am going to write a letter to the Executive Producer of the show, Shonda Rhimes, that will go a little something like this:

Dear Shonda,

I am very glad that Season 8 of Grey's Anatomy has finally arrived, but sad to hear rumors that it may be the last one.  I know that no one could EVER replace Derek and Meredith, so I am willing to beg for them to stay.  With that said, I need you to do me a favor in return.  Please, please, please pay your writer's more so they will stop having "writer's block" or going on strike.  I don't know if I can take another season that isn't continuous.  These one to two week breaks just aren't cutting it for us fans.  I understand that holidays are different, and there won't always be a new episode those weeks.  But, random Thursdays when there isn't a new Grey's is just plain frustrating.

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

PS.  I must admit.  You are pretty awesome.  Thanks for the many great years of Grey's Anatomy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...