Tuesday, July 5, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things.....

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad."  Does anyone remember the Sound of Music?  I loved watching that movie as a kid!

Since I am in a thankful and blessed mood, I thought I would share some of my favorite possessions/things, in no particular order:

1.  Standing Jewelry Armoire


My mom purchased this beauty for me a few Christmases ago.  She had a hysterectomy a few months before Christmas so she purchased all of her gifts online.  I was tickled pink to open this on Christmas morning.  It holds all of my jewelry...and MORE...and I would be lost without it in my bed room!

 2.  iPod and iRun

 

An iPod is crucial when training like I am.  I have become so addicted, that I cannot run without my pretty lime green Nano.  Just recently, my husband purchased the Nike + iPod attachment for me.  I call it the iRun, because I don't wear Nike's to train :).  I have a pouch that the sensor goes in and I attach it to my shoe laces.  This lil' gadget is AMAZING.  I use it to track my outdoor mileage, time, and speed.  The best feature is that your iPod holds the history of your runs and when you connect it to iTunes, it automatically updates your recorded runs for future reference!  Then, if you have a Nike Run account like I do, you can upload the data to the website and it will track and chart all of your runs mile by mile and give you advice for future runs!

3. Carolina Turvis Tumbler

  
This 24 oz. cup is my favorite to use at work.  My puppy, Levi, gave it to me for my birthday last year :).  I have a matching black lid with a straw, and I fill it up with water about 3 different times a day.  I like the larger one because I feel like I am drinking more, and the more I fill it up, the more I am drinking fluids!

4. Levi, my puppy


Speak of the little devil...this is my chihuahua, Levi.  He lives at home with my mom and stepdad, but I claim him as my pride and joy.  My sister begged for this pup when I was in high school, and when my mom finally caved in and got him, she didn't want anything to do with him.  I took him under my wing, house trained him, and spent countless hours playing with him.  When I went to live in the dorms my Freshman year of college I couldn't take Levi with me, so I had to leave him behind at home.  Now, my mom and stepdad have become attached and have no intentions of giving him back.  He has become their "only son", and have spoiled him rotten!  Isn't he precious?!

5.  Fruit
 I LOVE fruit...all kinds, colors, shapes, and flavors!  Apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, blueberries, apples, cantaloupe, watermelon, kiwi...you name it, I like it.  I could eat it any time of day and for any meal, especially fresh fruit!  I loved it so much as a child, that my mom's best friend gave me the nickname "Fruit Head". I gladly carry on that same nickname today :).

What are your favorite things?!  

Hope you have a fabulous Tuesday...I know I will, because it is the start of a short week :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...