Friday, August 17, 2012

A Decade

Ten short years ago today I lost my first true love, my grandfather.  
Just a sophomore in high school, I never realized then how sentimental I would become on the topic.




There is so much that can happen in a decade.  Before you know it, the days are gone and all you have left are the memories.  Since you left, I graduated high school and went to college, fell in love, and four short years later completed my Bachelor's degree.  Then I moved to Charleston and completed my MBA, and before I knew it I was happily married.  During these past ten years and through all the memories, there is one thing that has never changed.  I strive to live my life as you did yours- honoring God, putting family first, and never losing hope of my dreams.  You instilled in me so many values that I never truly understood until now, and I am thankful for all the hard lessons you taught me.  
I hope that I have made you proud.  

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.
-Author Unknown

PS.  I am guest posting today over at Life's Better With Freckles while Lauren is on a mini-vaca.  Go check it out and leave me a shout out!

17 comments:

megan said...

This post pulls at my heartstrings. I lost my grandaddy when I was in 6th grade and I constantly think about him. Glad you have so many wonderful memories and pictures. :)

Jessica said...

What a sweet post. I lost my grandfather a couple of years ago, and I still think of him frequently and miss him so much! Grandparents hold special places in our heart and he sounds like an extra special guy:)

Emily said...

While reading this, I cannot help but think of my grandmother who passed away during my junior year of high school. I was really close to her, and I still think of her all the time. I have missed being able to share my graduations, wedding, all that stuff with her. I know that she's seen everything from heaven, but I'm still a little selfish and would love to have her here.

have a good weekend!

natasha {schue love} said...

This is such a sweet post. I lost my grandfather a couple years ago and he will always hold a special place in my heart. I still have a voicemail saved from him right after we got married. It makes me smile to hear it now. :)

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Such a sweet post and one smart unknown author. :) Your grandfather looks {sounds} amazing. Such a tough thing to talk about ... but those pictures are worth a million words.

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

I can totally relate to this post. My grandfather died a few years ago from cancer and with his passing he left a huge hole in my heart. I know I don't know you personally, but through reading your blog and getting to know you through your posts, I know that you have made him proud. :)

henning love said...

ahh what a sweet post about your grandpa. you can definitely tell how much you love him in all of those photos.

Rinoplasti said...

Very helpful! I was looking for something like this for some time. It is possible to add the incentive function, when someone invite x number of friends, they get some reward, like hidden content revealed etc?Rinoplasti

Gebelik said...

interesting blog. It would be abounding if you can accommodate added abstracts about it. Acknowledgment you
Gebelik

Laura Darling said...

What a beautiful post! I'm sure you have made him proud!

Kızlık zarı said...

Oh well, 6 yrs is such a long journey.. we hope that you could still continue doing your daily dose of your blog..
Kızlık zarı

Unknown said...

Such a sweet memories...keep sharing your feelings with us...
Burun Estetiği

Septorinoplasti said...

I’d like to say that you always offer valid information and I have been an fascinated reader of your site for quite some time. I wanted to say thankyou really :) for all the good work you do!
Septorinoplasti

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a beautiful tribute! My grandfather died a little over 4 years ago..someone asked me just this weekend about it, and I began to say "He died about 2 years ago" before realizing it's actually been 4. So funny how time flies, but also how it moves slowly!

Unknown said...

This is so lovely!! Just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! New follower xxxxxx

Http://regallyblonde84.blogspot.com

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

Sweet post and beautiful pictures of you and your grandpa. Hang in there...

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

I lost my grandfather when I was in 7th grade, but I think about him all of the time and when I found out I was having a son there wasn't a second thought that I wouldn't name him after that man. XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...