Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: No Bake Energy Bites

A few weeks ago when my sister and I went to Myrtle Beach, I tried a new Pinterest recipe to take for a snack.  I wanted something tasty, but healthy since it was the same weekend as my half marathon.  
This snack did not disappoint, and my sister and I devoured them in less than 3 days!



1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. 
 Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! 
 Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Easy, healthy, and delicious.  Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I saw these on Pinterest and I wondered about them! Thanks for the review!

Samantha said...

Yum! The recipe seems simple enough for me to handle. :) Thanks for sharing!!!

henning love said...

i think i remember my mom making some little bites like these that use natural sugars. these look so good

Jillian K. said...

The hubby and I are in love with these! They do not last very long when we do make them, they're so addicting!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...