I was tagged by Katie of Katie Lately on my very first blog game! How exciting?
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Fun Facts About Me
1. I was born and raised in South Carolina, and I have always called this state my own. My hometown sits on top of an old gold mine and houses the largest man made lake east of the Mississippi River. Rumor is, there's still some gold left...OK maybe like a speck or two. Can you name it?
2. I'm very OCD. Yes, I want to rearrange the letters around to CDO so they will be in alphabetical order. My clothes are organized by color and sleeve length, my calendar is always color coordinated, I balance my check book to the penny, and the money in my wallet (if there is any) is always facing the same direction with the Presidents' head up.
3. I am a happy newlywed. My husband and I will celebrate our one year wedding anniversary on March 19th. Although we have been together for almost 6 years, it never gets old to hear him say " I love you".
4. I ran my very first half marathon this past November, and I plan to do another this year. I have come to find that running and working are a passion of mine, and a great way to relieve stress. BRING IT ON!
5. I have a great love for college football, especially the South Carolina Gamecocks. And yes, I know who the quarterback is, along with our starting running backs, wide receivers, and defensive ends.
6. I love to cook and try new recipes. Share some with me some time. My favorite ones are healthy and full of rich flavor, of course!
7. I have a pen pal who lives in California. We pass along hand-written letters, and it's like Christmas morning all over again ever time I get one in the mail. It's nice to go back to the basics sometimes.
8. Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey is my favorite ice cream. My boyfriend in college, who I now call my husband, introduced me to this sweet dessert and the rest is history!
9. I get really exciting every time I see that I have a new follower. I'm still semi-new to the blogging world, so my list is small but I notice each and every one of you.
10. My grandmother is my biggest inspiration. This ninety year old woman believes in the Good Word, practices what she preaches, and has always lived each day as if it were her last.
11. I love to travel and experience new places. Whether flying or road-tripping it, I am always up for an adventure to a new place.
Questions from Katie
1. If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would you go? Paris
2. Why did you start your blog? I started my blog to start documenting my life, find ideas for decorating our first home as husband and wife, and meet new friends.
3. Who is your favorite Disney Character? Belle from Beauty and the Beast
4. What's your biggest pet peeve? People who do not have manners
5. How many pets do you have? Just one precious little pup, who lives at home with my mom
6. What is your favorite feature about yourself? My eyes
7. Favorite color? Currently purple
8. Would you rather go to the zoo or the aquarium? ZOO!
9. Favorite ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey
10. Your roommate/spouse calls because your house is burning down. They have time to grab 2 things for you. What are they? My wedding dress and photo books
11. Favorite way to waste time? Facebook and blogs
Now It's Your Turn!
Christina -- Hungry Meets Healthy
Kendall -- Melon Juice
Abby -- When I Say I Do
Morgan -- Oh Captain, My Captain
Christin -- A Classy, Southern Wife
Meg -- Henning Love
Natasha -- Hello! Happiness
Brooke -- Shrimp and Glitz
Kristen -- All In My Twenties
April -- A. Liz Adventures
Don't feel like you absolutely have to participate, but it is fun to see all the responses!
Questions for You!
1. Favorite recipe to make? (Link to the recipe if possible)
2. What is the no. 1 on your list of 2012 goals/resolutions?
3. Favorite memory of 2011?
4. Favorite fashion trend at the moment?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. Favorite way to waste time?
7. What is the most played song on your iPod?
8. Favorite book that you recently read?
9. What is one fun fact about the town you grew up in?
10. Beach or mountains?
11. Favorite way to get in some exercise?
Now get to answering and tagging :)