Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I've Got Georgia on My Mind...

{I am thankful for my job.  It may not be my dream job, or the one I am destined to have, but I am thankful that I enjoy coming into the office.  My co-workers are amazing, and my bosses aren't too shabby either :).  My job pays the bills, puts food on the table, and allows me to enjoy my extracurricular activities.}

...Savannah that is.  I really did have a blast this past weekend enjoying the company of my family and celebrating new traditions!  Now that I have officially joined the half-marathon club, my stepsister, her husband, and I have decided to start doing a few a year together.  Since they live in Tennessee and we only see them a few times a year, this tradition will allow us to spend more time together.  Two birds with one stone? I think so!

Now for my weekend re-cap in pictures:

{Our biggest fans for the race: Abbie, Carson, & Katie}


{Before the race: Me, Tiffany, & Joe}

{My number 1 supporter, my mom}

{Tiff & Joe at the start line}

{Savannah Rock n' Roll Marathon Inaugural Series}

{Waiting to cheer us on!}

{Who couldn't love these faces?!}

{A pretty amazing family}

{Pro half-marathoners!}

{We did it!}

{Love my sis!}

{My hubby and I}

{Too cute}

{Love my mama}
{My two nieces, nephew, and I}

{Forsyth Park listening to Carolina Liar after the race}

{Just a little southern music!}

{Paula Deen's Lady and Sons Restaurant...AMAZING!}

{Too much fun to handle!}

{Me and my love!}

I really enjoyed our visit to Lady and Sons, and I am glad that I was able to experience Paula's finest southern cooking.  My arteries thank you Paula for all the extra sodium and butter!  Between the fried chicken, bacon soaked butter beans, VERY cheesy macaroni and cheese, and cornbread pancakes I think I added back on the extra calories I burned from the race.  This buffet style 3 story restaurant is a "must-do" on your next visit to Savannah.  There is even a gift shop with some of her secret recipes if you desire.

Between the race, Paula Deen's yummy food, and spending time with my family, this was one tired girl on Sunday!  I'm deeming this week, a few days of recovery and relaxation!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

So awesome that you did a half-marathon! We started running this year and did our first 5k in June. We're doing another in Feb with my parents and then we're heading for deeper waters! :)

Great pics!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...