Monday, November 14, 2011

Current Obsessions

{Today I am thankful for the beautiful weather in Charleston, SC.  It's November- the sun is shining, leaves are changing, and we are in the mid 70s.  Fall at it's finest.  I am blessed to live in such a gorgeous city!}

I am currently obsessed with anything and everything FALL!  I know that Christmas is right around the corner, but why skip my favorite time of year when there will be plenty of time come December?!  The air is crisp, the days are warm, and the nights are cool...my kind of love.


{via Pinterest}
Since my body has not gotten use to the time change yet, I have been obsessed with crock pot meals.  They are so easy and much less time consuming than cooking on the stove or in the oven.  I pop the ingredients in before I leave for work, turn it on low, and I have a nice smelling house and cooked meal when I get home!


{via Pinterest}
Boots, boots, and more boots.  I love pairing them with my favorite leggings/jeggings and a tunic or dress for work.  Life is so much easier and more enjoyable when you are comfortable!  My current favorite pair is a Steve Madden "look-a-like" from Rack Room Shoes.  Since my job allows casual dress, these are a staple in my daily work attire.

{via Pinterest}
With the food-filled holiday less than 10 days away, I can't help but to think about the coma all of my cravings will put me into.  I LOVE turkey.  That is definitely an understatement according to my husband.  My favorite holiday bird is best when deep fried and basted with fresh herbs and seasonings.  So bad for you, yet oh so good!

It's days like these that I wish I lived closer to my family. I love being able to go home and spend the holidays with them, but it sure would be nice to be closer and visit more often.  I miss my mom's vegetable soup, my grandmother's pecan pies, and my sisters warming hugs.  My tight knit family holds a special place in my heart :).

What are your current obsessions on this lovely Monday?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...